Countdown to Hawaii

Friday, September 14

Status

I guess I haven't given an update to my leg in a while. It has become such a daily occurrence that I hardly notice anymore. I've graduated from my crutches and only use my leg brace when I got out. I did get a renewal for my handicap sign though through Oct. - I've been going to therapy twice a week and within the last 2 weeks really feel like I've turned a corner. It doesn't hurt (as much) to bend down anymore - I can actually put weight on my left knee now as well.

At PT I start with 5 mins on a stationary bike - which the first time terrified me - but now it is much better - however after 3.5 minutes I have pinchy feelings in my hip flexors.

It's funny the kind of exercises they give you to help build up strength. I have to sit on a stool with wheels and using my heels - scoot myself around the room. Then I have to do it only with the bad leg - now that is hard! But I feel better and I take less Ibuprophen, (yea for my kidneys!) I cannot run the Nike 1/2 Marathon next month - but I'd love to start walking around the neighborhood soon. Well actually the mall - Linda & I are going to try it next week ;)

But I'm excited to give up the nickname "Hop A Long"

11 comments:

  1. You gotta find some way to keep that handicap sticker until Christmas so we can all go shopping together and get a close parking spot!! LOL I'm glad to hear that the knee is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm out of it. I didn't even know something was wrong. What happened?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Camille - it's a long story - but if you look back at my blog - look under the "labels" section under "spill" it's all blogged out :) long story short though - I dislocated my hip in June....

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweetness on the handicap sticker! its my NEW best friend-i use it ALOT..although jons never in the car with me..hmmm..probably not good!!! i figure, heck with 4 young kids, man in a wheelchair..i DESERVE the freaking spot-so move out!!

    dont you feel so old doing all those PT things??? i LOVED working as a PT Aide in my college years..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The longer I'm away the prettier you are in my mind's eye.

    "My Eyes Adore You!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! glad it is getting better! and a trip to the mall is the prefect sort of celebration! whoohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear the physical rehab is helping you. I can't imagine what a pain it is to do that.

    And hey, that name is better than gimpy right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay and Michelle's comment is cracking me up...that would be a definite score for shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off, that last post, with all it's yummy food has made me very hungry! Yum!

    Such cute pictures of the kids! Last one in preschool? Now that will be HUGE! Isn't it funny to see the contrast of the first preschooler and the last? It's nice to be the later!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a handicap sticker when my son broke his leg. It was the best sticker to have :)
    I am so gald you are doing better girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holly,

    I'm glad your feeling better. As long as you can still outpace the old people walking the mall (do they do that in CA? They definately do it here in UT) then you know your on the right track ;) Just be sure to stop by for a treat at Mrs. Fields cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!