Countdown to Hawaii

Wednesday, September 26

MIA

Well I'm still here, barely...things have been so hectic - Mike was in China for 2 weeks - for obvious reasons I don't like to broadcast when he is gone but after he is back seems okay. I always make sure our alarm is on 24/7 and have lots of help from friends. One day I will have to go private too I'm afraid but not quite yet....

It was a tough couple weeks but we made it through. He said it is really congested there - no wonder there is global warming!




He also found the Hong Kong Temple - he missed the last session but he gets points for seeing it anyway. It is built on top of a regular building with accessible floors beneath it. Good use of space I guess!


Mike came home on Thursday then on Friday we left for Lake Tahoe for the weekend - my friend Louise's sister got married - it was really nice - it was really cold already - unfortunately it rained before the wedding and it was very cold so it was supposed to be an outdoor wedding, they had to move it inside - but that is okay - it all worked out in the end. Mike's parents watched the kids so it was nice to get away.


The next morning we had breakfast with Louise & Max - I'm so sad they are going back to Italy next Saturday - our summer was so short together!

The kids have been great - the chore chart isn't working so well - I have to figure something else out.

I have to catch up on all my blogs and thanks hotmama - I've got some good sites to check out!!

12 comments:

  1. Welcome back blogging! We missed your post girl. I was wondering where you were.
    Wow, China. How cool. Did he go for work??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh fun to see photos from china-wow i bet mike was EXHAUSTED after all that traveling!! you were probably MORE tired though right!!

    sorry about the chore chart..they dont work for us over here either..i have to keep them with ONE chore EVERYDAY-so far that's been TOTALLY working for us!! going 4 weeks strong now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 weeks is a LONG time. Glad he made it back safely and crazy about the temple being built on top of a building.

    I look forward to short mini vacations with Doug one day. Bummer about the chore chart, maybe something else will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We missed you. Glad you're back. Too bad about the rainy wedding. China, yikes! Nathan did an Asia stint for 6 weeks, 3 weeks after Talmage was born. We'll never do that again....

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! sounds like you have been busy! fun to get away together , and right after his trip to china! bummer on the chore chart, i assign a chore everyday to each kid, it is optional though. if they don't do a chore they go to bed earlier than those that did do a chore. it works pretty well. well if you go private i want in! my email is on my profile! but announce before you cut me out! so i can submit my request! glad you are back and catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! I agree with you - I try not to post where we are going or when, just in case. However, love to hear about other people's exciting lives...thanks for the vicarious thrills!

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome back.. glad he is home safe. fun trip to tahoe with just your husband.. that is always nice!

    glad you're back.. glad you liked the sign too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 weeks IS long, so smart not to tell anyone while he's away..you really NEVER know who is reading your blog. I went to CHina in the spring and had SO much fun shopping!! Although Im sure your husband didnt go there to shop.;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been missed! I'm sorry you were single parenting it for SO long! Glad you were able to excape together when he got back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to have to back and you got to get away! That is a long time for your hubby to be gone but I will be going through the same thing here shortly.

    I am struggling also with the chores. If I can come up with something I will share and vise versa. Oh these dang kids! I wish they would just do them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing experience to see the Hong Kong temple. Lucky! I'm glad he's back safely and all went well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. China, looks like it was beautiful! I am sure your glad to have your hubby home!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!