Countdown to Hawaii

Friday, September 7

This Week's Obsession


I love Pride & Prejudice - Colin Firth is so yummy. So Mike was away and when he is gone I cannot sleep so I watch shows and movies - well when I got hurt my friend Christy gave me her Pride & Prejudice DVD's from A&E - I remember watching those on TV - I forgot how much I loved that show - then I moved on to the Kiera Knightly version, I love when Mr. Darcy says "I love, love, love, love you" Ahhhhhh.


So I've moved on - I watched something about Being Ernest last night when I should have gone to bed. I watched Sense & Sensibility but had Hugh Grant - who is also very cute - and next I'm going to watch Shakespeare In Love - so this week - I'm an Anglophile!!!!

The bummer is he is married to a really cute Italian woman that is my age - that sounds utterly smart, talented & beautiful. Why can't they just married regular old plain jane's????? Although he is a little older than I would chose in real life ha ha.....I guess it's just all about the accent and the character - good actor, I fell in love with Mr. Darcy!

8 comments:

  1. You are so funny. I can't even remember the last time I sat and watched a movie at home or by myself for that matter. I have only seen Pride and Prejudice once (gasp!) I know so many people rant and rave about it, but I didn't see the hype about it? Colin Firth is yummy--nice choice of words.

    Sorry to hear the hubs is gone, mine might as well be getting home at 10pm every night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your such a crack up-jons sister watched all those ALLL THE TIME--everytime we turned around we were suffering thru ANOTHER jane austin something or another JUST like it!!

    have fun drueling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEEWWWWWWWW!! I can think of cuter dudes! What happened to your lover boy from that A&E series you use to watch????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ioan Gruffudth or some sort of spelling - he became Mr. Fantastic 4 - also British by the way

    Hey - they are all getting old - it's all about the charisma - not necessarily the looks - oh yes, and of course the "ACCENT"

    Then of course there is Russell - my Aussie man

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly since you love P&P you really will love Twilight. It was very loosly based on it. :) Gotta love Colin Firth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Hello gorgeous! love love love colin firth! and the BBC version of pride and prejudice! i could do with out the keira knightly version all together because it lacks Colin firth! oh and have you seen nanny mcfee? Colin firth baby! sounds like great movies all week! we could totally be movie friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay.. I need to see the movies you are talking about.. I have seen nanny mcphee.. so I do know who you are talking about... he is handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah, Colin Firth is my fave! (I could have died when he was the Dad in What a Girl Wants - made me feel really old to have the hots for the Dad instead of the young guy;>

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!