Well we finished!!! Hooray! Mike did great on his first Tri - and I pretty much met my goal as well. Mike probably did his race in 1:25, and I came in at 1:33 my goal was 1:30, much improved from 2 weekends ago....I did the 1/4 mile swim in just under 12 mins. Last time I was around 1:40 but it was a mile shorter race too.... we saw our friends and it was fun to see so many people from town we knew. I should have pictures Monday from my team, it's just hard to take our own since we're in the water and there is no place to lay the camera! Now we're debating if we should sign up for the August race.
The only sour note of our day was - when we came home (our fantastic babysitter spent the night to be with the kids) our poor babysitter found ANTS all over the kitchen - I don't need to say much more about that - you know what it's like....
The rest of the day was nice - we went to visit some old friends the Kirks - their daughter graduated High School - time flies so quickly, I remember when we all first met - 5 kids ago - ha ha - Natalie was only 6 years old! Grace always over cooks - she easily had food for 175 people - I so miss her, she was one of those neighbors that always brought over left overs or took the kids at a drop of a hat. One of my closest friends I'm happy to say I still talk to regularly even though we're so busy and live 20-30 mins away from one another in different towns.
We're both converts and both asian, and both married utah boys - so it's always been common links that we could share - I know it sounds funny but it's true when you find a person that is so similar to you - you keep them as one of your closest friends... she's the best! We both have 4 kids, and both 3 & 1, but she has the opposite - 3 girls!
Fun day though - Mike got to go Golfing with Tim - I love when Mike gets to have guy time, I know some wives don't like it when their men go out, but I love it, I think it's just as important as girl time (plus then I don't feel guilty for going on my many GNO's!!!) Always thinking....
I took my kids & Tyler and her BFF's - the twins - to see Shrek the Third tonight - that was fun, I was a little leary taking all 6 kids, but they were all great and Lucas sat through the whole movie! I just made sure his popcorn was filled and he had water to drink, and of course the bonus is that it is only 1 1/2 hour movie! It was cute & entertaining. I liked the part when the queen (Julie Andrews) started humming, "Just a spoonful of sugar"....... I like all the adult puns! The kids didn't get it but I thought it was funny....
I was still feeling embolden and took the kids to Trader Joe's - I saw a friend there and when she saw I had all 6, her eyes got really big!! They were great.
So came home and watched a little show with Mike - tomorrow I have an early meeting, you'd think the men at church would want to sleep in on Father's Day!!! LInda & her family are coming over as is our tradition - should have some yummy grub! Hopefully they'll bring their AI or SingStar and we'll have more pix of our fabulous karoke skills.....
Way to go Girl. You both had great times. Get some rest and have a wonderful Sunday :)
ReplyDelete