Countdown to Hawaii

Thursday, June 7

Updated weekend











Here is my plethora of pictures of the weekend - I guess I didn't do a good job of explaining our crazy days......
I have pictures of Ian's Tball swim party - I forgot the part where we had just arrived at our friend's house - they have a really cool slide up the side of their hill - Ian asked if he could go I said yes, we were putting our things in the house and just barely come outside and Tyler says, "Mom, Ian looks like he is drowning" so I totally focus on him, no clue where anyone else is, he is panicking and I luckily took off my cell phone (2 years ago I had to jump in a pool for Ian and didn't take off my new phone!), took off my bulova watch (my christmas present) and jumped in, jeans and all. He isn't a strong swimmer, but I thought he could have swam that - it was pretty deep and the drop is sudden so he just got scared. Mike was like, "I would have gone in, you pushed me out of the way" - but you know moms, when a kid's in trouble you forget everything else and don't see anything else. By the end of the day he was swimming fine and luckily my friend lives around the corner - I went home and soaked in the shower!

Anyway, before that part of my day was Tyler's dance recitals - Thursday night rehearsals till 10pm, Friday night performance, Saturday 2 performances - 9 dances total (repeat 2 dances though so only 6 costumes) Those are her buddies - The Fantastic Four - the cutie patutie in blue is Katie Rose - they have been friends since we moved here - they were 3 - they are so sweet! Katie Rose just started dancing this year so it's fun to see her at a few events.

Monday night was the infamous Flute recital, I'm not thinking we're repeating this....to my chagrin of course.

Tonight was the Girl Scout swim party - my girls are fantastic - I wish the church supported Girl Scouts - it's a shame because we truly get so much accomplished! I have 21 girls, 18 were coming back for sure, now I think 20 are !!! I'm excited!

2 comments:

  1. It is a total mom thing to just run and rescue the child. I am impressed you remembered your phone and watch. I don't know if I would have been so lucky.

    Your dance recitals are very serious things out there. We have one recital on one night and that is the end of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am glad you were there. I am always so nerves when my kids are in the boat or swimming in the pool. My eyes are on the at all times.


    What a busy week you had.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!