Countdown to Hawaii

Monday, June 4

I DID IT!!!

Well I did the Mermaid Tri and finished!!! I was slow, but steady and I can't believe how great it was. It was extra nice because it was literally in my old backyard. The bike route took us right by my old neighborhood where I grew up. The timing chip didn't register our swim but I think they tried to manually adjust our times, I think they put me at 1:40 but I'm gonna say there was a 5-10 margin of error. I was shooting for 1:30. So who's really counting!

My friend Kim went with me, I'm so glad too because all the other ladies that trained with me were in the 40+ category and I couldn't go in the same wave as them!!! Not 40 yet!!!! The swim was hard, the 400 meters looked more like 2000, then ensured us it was an optical illusion.

I was done by 9:45am so you know I got up super duper early. Now I have to get back on the bike et al and get ready for the next one in 2 weeks. That one is slightly longer so this one was a great starter race for me. My very first one - oh what a day!

5 comments:

  1. Good job! Did your asma kick in during the swim? Congratulations on finishing! I probably could have finished it in under and hour. BIG LOL on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey good job! im impressed! i bet its nice to get one under your belt!! i have no idea what any of those numbers mean-but rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda - you so would have finished under an hour!!

    Christina - It took ol' slow poke 1 hour: 40 mins to finish....:)

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!