
Well I have been staying in bed the last few days and doing a whole lot of nothing which I am sure is terrific for my hip but BORING for me. I've been doing the Health Insurance dance where I have to keep jumping through hoops to make sure things progress. I have to get an MRI, but before getting it, the Doctor had to authorize it, which he did, verbally, but the staff can't do anything until he writes it up, but he has to dictate it first, and then the person that types it has to type it up, then give it to the office, then they call the insurance, then they fax it to the MRI imaging place, then they call me to tell me to call the MRI imaging place for an appointment!!!!!! Yikes! And then I still have to make an appointment with the dr!
Well I kept up on it so everything is progressing and have the MRI tomorrow and an appointment scheduled for next week for the dr. to read it!! Nothing like living in limbo. It's always misleading because you start to feel better one day, think you can move around, but then it still knocks you off your feet! So today unfortunately my mom had a funeral to go to - one of her friends had been in a car accident and was the only one that died - she was the lady that did the flowers for our wedding. Very sad - so Lucas and I were on our own - he had a runny nose so he was pretty crabby - didn't want Dora, or Diego, or Lightening McQueen, I couldn't understand him this morning. Finally Backyardigans fit the bill and he was appeased! So I was out in the living room a bit more and it was exhausting - plus I haven't been sleeping because my back kills just being on my back all night long.
Ah well. The great thing about this though is you are reminded of all the blessings you have and all the great friends and family you have. My friend Beth brought dinner for us tonight, my other friends in the neighborhood also brought us dinner the other night, my next door neighbor has been driving my kids both ways to summer school each day and one of the girls in the ward has been taking chandler to cub scout camp every day. All my neighbors came to visit me and brought me magazines, candy, flowers, fruit, cake! - so much! That's probably why I'm tired too! :) But a good tired!
Oh my gosh!!! I just caught up on your blog. You poor thing. I feel so bad but am happy that it wasn't worse. I sure hope you will start feeling better. I hate dealing with any amount of Health Insurance issues....they are the worst!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your comment about the firemen. There are some dang good looking ones out there.
You are so blessed to have so many good friends to help you and your family. Let us know how your test goes.
wow how nice to have people helping you like that!
ReplyDeletethank goodness for backyardigans-i do enjoy that sweet show!
i SO hear ya on the health insurace thing..its so lame..
im anxious to her about the MRI reading--keep us posted!!
im glad your family is being fed!!
that whole insurance thing sounds like a pain.. just what you need when you are in pain..
ReplyDeleteglad you liked that video.. it cracked me up too... that guy making the faces.. and her saying getcha tummy... that made me laugh so hard!
well take care. thank goodness for good friends and people who really step up to help!