I am still on crutches and limited weight on my leg for another 2 weeks. I'm on motrin still for the swelling but no more vicodin which is nice. I'm going to start therapy this week for a month and since it's my my left leg that is injured he said I could try driving - hooray! The best part of my appointment - I got a Handicap Placard!!!! (my placard model chandler)
But I still sit for limited periods, laying back is the best - I just feel so lazy! I'm actually pretty sore today - It was a crazy day with a dermatologist & allergy appointment as well - nothing like getting 20+ pricks on your back and itching the rest of the day - Ian & I both went and we both start shots next month :(
I feel bad for my mom & MIL having to drive my tank - we almost had to remodel our house (sorry MaryLou in case you read this!) my MIL was getting all the kids in the car in the garage, we had to go, it was confusing, and she put the car into gear - looked backward about to hit the gas - and luckily I was paying attention, she was in drive!!! I yelled very calmly but forcefully, "Mom you're in Drive!!!" Glad it was Mike's mom and not mine though :)
Now my other story - so I mentioned finding cleaners - they made my house more than sparkle, but they made me feel like a total slob - they were here - and I'm not exaggerating - 11 HOURS!!!!
They did all the high ceilings (20 ft in the dining/living room I'm guessing) They moved all the beds, polished the wood on each dowel of beds/staircase, moved all the furniture, dusted my silk and real plants, hands and knees for the baseboards, did the baskets above my shelves in the laundry room no less. My white grout/tile in the kids bathroom, whiter than when I moved into the house! The first owners lived here only 8 months but thrashed our house, but we've been here now 7 years - crazy! But I guess I can't always use them as an excuse any longer.
They POLISHED the kids shelves in their bedrooms and took down all the figurines in their rooms and dusted them - and the boys have a train track on their ceiling, they dusted it.......My house looks like it should be in House & Garden or Architectural Digest! It was expensive, but SOOOOO worth it! I'm too embarrassed to take pictures of it! I didn't think my house was "that" bad - (Linda SOOO better say "your house was clean!" in the comments! ha ha) but I knew my old cleaners - who I haven't had in a month or two - were NOT doing a very good job.
Did I mention she polished my front door - inside and out??!!
Awesome! is that your house? that is beautiful! 11 hours? WOW! train tracks on the ceiling? does a train go around it? that sounds really neat!
ReplyDeletewell glad you have a little more freedom.. scary about the almost accident!
hope you continue to do better!
Yeah! There's nothing better than a clean house you didn't have to clean. ;) I hope your doctors apts went well and your doing better. Thank goodness you noticed the car was in drive. Ahhh.
ReplyDeletehey your dining room looks nice painted!!
ReplyDeletei felt that way too when i had the cleaners come..they were here for 7 hours! so i guess im not as a big a slob as yoU! GEESH! haha
i have an old laurel that will clean for 10 an hour..im thinking about it!!!
So cool. Your house looks so clean!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you are getting better. Therapy will be great for your leg :)
Your house looks great! I'm glad everything was well with the dr.
ReplyDeleteThe incident or almost accident with your MIL was a bit scary I'm sure. Phewwww!!
How nice to have cleaners come and do a good job for you. So glad you have some freedom back :D.
What?? You dont want to add on to your extra bedroom downstairs?? That would have given me a heartattack! Poor Marylou. Your hous looks so clean!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting to be spic and span. But seriously 11 hours?? I hope that didn't break you. My that would be expensive.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are a bit more mobile, take it easy. And at least now you can say you have a front parking spot right?