
It is so hot here!! These are the days I really wished we lived on the coast - I could handle living near the beach I think. I told Mike I want to live in Monterey when I retire..... we don't live that far away from water either but with the "micro-climates" in the bay area it amazes me how just driving 30 mins away will change the temperature 30 degrees sometimes!
Yesterday was a fun HOT day. My cousin organized her annual event Haley's Run for A Reason my cousin is amazing - she puts on this event on the 4th of July in tandem with the community celebration. I was supposed to help do the whole silent auction, but with the accident I was a bit out of commission! It was very fun and Mike & Chandler did the whole family run 2 miles - I was proud of Chandler - he ran the whole way...Haley and Chandler were 2 months apart in age - she would have been 9 years old in two weeks. My cousin and I are 2 months apart so we're very close - the event is very fun because so many of our large family come and help. Our next door neighbors came this year so it was fun introducing them to all my cousins, aunties, uncles, great aunties, etc....
I had to camp out under a tree in my recliner chair but we got the a
uction stuff all set up so that was good. I think last year she said raised more than $45K for the SUDC.
My cousin even got to be on the 5 o'clock news on the local NBC
channel so here ar
e the pictures we have of her...The one picture of her holding her baby sister Megan is most precious to me - they were together for 17 days before Haley went to sleep and didn't wake up again. It is always heartbreaking to me - she passed away on the Monday morning after Mother's Day. But my cousin & her husband have done such a great job in keeping her memory alive. I love you guys! I'm always so thankful for the reminders to live life to the fullest and be thankful for the family and friends we have in this life. Go hug a loved one and have a great day!
Wow SIDS is so sad! Haley was such a cute little girl. I am glad that you were all able to run for Haley!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day :)
They call it SIDS for kids under 1, the lesser know SUDC is for kids 1-17 - that's why they have all the fund raising - there was a girl last year from our local high school that passed away and that's what they classified her as well - it's just one of those things :)
ReplyDeleteoh that is so sad... what a sweet baby girl! that is amazing the work they go to to help raise $ for that.. that is great! glad you got to go! take care
ReplyDeletehope you are feeling better!
That just breaks my heart! I have never heard of SUDC! SIDS always scares me but I always think that once they get past one they are fine. Now I know that is not the case. Oh, what a hard thing to deal with. THat is amazing your cousin puts on such a great thing. I hope it gets more successful as the years go on.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better!