Countdown to Hawaii

Tuesday, July 10

This is the Place

Well Tyler finally came home and she had a really great time in Utah with her grandparents and cousins. But first I need start with the weekend.

Saturday - Linda's family and ours always go together to the A's game with Family Packs which include the seats, hot dog, chips & a drink - so it's always so fun but with me on crutches there was no way I would be able to hobble around so I got to stay home. Linda stayed home too with Lawson so she came over and she brought In & Out Burger, yum - but since I'm still on bedrest essentially I can FEEL the fat just sticking to my thighs, stomach, arms, etc... but they were still very tasty - then we watched 50 First Dates - it was so funny - I forgot how funny and cute the flick was so it was nice to have a hardy laugh. It was sooooo nice hanging out without any body, luckily Lawson is still small and didn't spoil our pseudo girls day.

With both me & Linda not going and Tyler still in Utah we had extra tickets - so I found some friends to go along - but the real story is - my mom being the trooper and fellow all-things baseball lover - went to help Mike with the boys - well she was the ONLY female with 14 boys/men!!! Now that's love!






Then when the boys came home they had swapped boys as we tend to do so Chris came back later with his special Tri Tip and we had a yummy dinner - score! So it was a really fun night - the kids were being beaten by the dad's in the backyard - they were playing dodgeball with kids and beating them viciously!

Sunday was bittersweet - Mike left to go to Hong Kong, my mom left to go home (poor thing to a messy house) - but my friend Louise came to help take care of me! She is back from Italy for the summer - we always have so much fun! My friends CeCe & Dave took the big boys to church for me and then kept them for the afternoon - AND then brought me dinner! Louise & I then watched Music & Lyrics - she hadn't seen it before - I love watching Huge Grant do the Pop Video - it's so funny! So I lucked out - 2 chick flicks in one weekend!

Today Tyler and my MIL flew in - and my RS President went to the airport to pick them up for me at the airport - I feel so taken care of I cannot even tell you. I have such great friends and family - isn't that what it is all about?

Tyler had so much fun - she did so many things - they went to This is The Place monument, Lagoon, shopping, 4th of July parades - here are some of her pix. I'm glad she is home though. I missed my girl!






Tonight we went to the neighborhood pool for Lucas' girlfriend's birthday - Callie is now officially potty trained - what about us????!!!!! Grandma got into the pool so Lucas could swim too!

With being in bed for 2 weeks my house is a little seedy - so my girl friend recommended a house cleaner to help out, she came by today and wants to come tomorrow - so poor Mary Lou has been helping me all evening getting the house ready! We did the most we could - I'm just excited for my blinds & shutters to get properly dusted! I'm now sitting watching my Tivo'd Wimbledon Final and icing my leg! Poor Mary Lou is going to bed - deservedly - she's still on Utah time!

I see the Dr. tomorrow so we'll see if I've been doing well....

6 comments:

  1. you crack me up ..this was a fun post..your house being seedy..now that was funny girl!!

    WHAT? she went with 14 boys/men-that IS love!! how nice!! my girls would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bored watching a bball came like that!!

    nice to have tyler back..im kinda anxious to have rachel gone..she tends to keep everyon wired up over here!!

    how nice to have a cleaner to come in and help!! you DO have good friends, family and neighbors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a busy time you are having.
    What your house is a little seedy ! Seedy, does that mean big mess??

    Let us know what the DR says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture if dallin made me think he really needs his hair cut! It is looking a little afroish. Cute pics. What happened to your other cleaning people?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The game looked so much fun. I think it's funny you are preparing your house for a cleaner to come in (I would totally do that too) aren't you paying her to clean?? Hopefully you'll get some good news at the Dr. keep us posted!! :)

    Jenny C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post! It sure sounds like you have the best friends who are so willing to help in any way and at any time.

    Let us know what the dr. has to say. I hope you get to doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that cracks me up.. getting your house ready for the housecleaners to come! I would totally do the same thing..Thank goodness for good friends.. I am so glad for you- for that part.. and good movies and good food.. I am glad you are being well taken care of! let us know what the dr says.. take care!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!