Tuesday - started Dance - yikes! Tyler is dancing something like 8 hours a week this year We went and bought new shoes for school - boy those can just add up - and boys and shoes - Chandler's had holes in his and the soles were peeling away! We even managed to go to the $1 store - all four kids and me on crutches - the kids were terrific - they strapped Lucas in the stroller and took turns pushing him and helped take the cart too. In the afternoon the boys next door came over to play to keep my kids entertained!
My next door neighbor set up a block party for the America's Night Out thing and registered our group so the police would come over and give balloons and hats and balls to all the kids - it was super fun - we had at least 8-9 houses/families attend. It was a blast because we have lots of young kids!
Wednesday - Physical Therapy - which was tough because after the block party I slipped coming out of the car and hurt my bad knee! Soccer - Ian is going to be on a good team - our freind Larry is his coach, but they pretty much still play scatterball where all the little boys run around together in a giant swarm! Then more dance. Louise and Sophia came out for the day too - I feld bad because I had a ton of driving that day with soccer & dance - but we had fun and we even went to Michael's to get more wire to make necklaces with all the beautiful Venetian Beads I got in Italy :)
Thursday - More school shopping - that French Store - Target , I got an electric cart this time! The kids once again were great. More Dance again for Miss Tyler - and the boys got to go to the neighbor's this time - a nice swap. Later we went to Linda's for dinner - the kids love playing together - Linda & I went to Kohl's as she wanted to see the specials - of course I spent 3X as much as she did! Thanks Linda! Ha ha
Friday - Went to the Dr's. They FINALLY decided I was right about my knee. I have a significant tear in my Medial collateral ligament (the ligament on the right side of the knee cap that keeps it in place) - the good news is it can repair itself with time and I won't need surgery. Or at least so far! They gave me a beautiful new accessory - a knee brace - I'll take a picture next time. Some of the girls in Linda's ward were going to movies so I got a sitter and joined them - we went to see No Reservations - Mike wouldn't have wanted to see it anyway :) It was my first real movie of the whole summer!
Today was my Stamp Camp - a bunch of us get together and put on a camp - I took a few pictures of a few other samples I really liked too. It was crazy because some of my babysitting fell through - luckily I have such great friends, Judy, CeCe & Linda all helped me out with my kiddos and Tyler's friend Katie Rose also came to stay the weekend to help us out. Well I'm pooped. I'm hoping to get the kids to the last 2 hours of church tomorrow, but it will definitely be a low key day....
wow you were busy! amazing how much you did with crutches! and holy cow! soccer, and a dancer, that is alot going! cute stamp stuff! and glad the Dr. figured out what the real deal is. and glad it can heal on it's own!
ReplyDeleteand even better you got to go out to a movie! Hope you have a relaxing day tomorrow!
Wow a busy week you all had.
ReplyDeleteThe bock party sounds like a lot of fun. We had a few of block party when i was growing up in MESA. School shopping. That is what we will be doing in seattle this weekend. So was riding on the electric cart fun?
It's fun, but the aisles in Target tend to be narrow so it is a but cumbersome to get around - and I get that super loud back up beep - people watch out!!!
ReplyDeletewow... sounds like you have been busy.. fun block party! I am glad to hear your kids are so helpful.. that has got to make things a bit more bareable..what good kids you have!
ReplyDeletetake care! oh I love the cards.. they are so cute!
cute card! im NOT crafty but REALLY good at copying!??! does that count as being crafty??!!
ReplyDeleteyou have a lot going on woman! how is your body going to heal?? especially if you keep HURTING YOURSELF? what in the world?!?! I'm sure you're looking super fly with the crutches AND a KNEE BRACE!!!??
gotta love the back up beep!
You had a crazy busy week. I love your cards. I enjoy making cards myself. Thanks for the inspirations. What a fun block party! I hope your knee heals quicker.
ReplyDeleteOkay treking to the dollar store with all the kids on crutches. You are my hero! Wow from the looks of it I am surprised you are still going. Our national night out was SO lame. We just had icecream trucks go around our neighborhood for free ice cream.
ReplyDeleteYour stamp night looks so much fun. So many cute cards!
You are so dang busy!! When does school start? Even putting on a stamp camp?? You are a trooper. The cards are adorable and I would love to see the necklaces that you made.
ReplyDeleteSO nice that the kids were good for you in the stores. That always helps.
Doesnt look like there was any "hot officers"! Bummer.
ReplyDelete