Countdown to Hawaii

Saturday, August 25

Ouch!


Okay so they look like they are stuck in the 80's but it gets the idea across - Ian and I have just started getting Allergy Shots last week. His is luckier than I am as he only needs one and I have to get TWO!! I brought him in because he is constantly in a stuffed up nose state - I actually took him in 2 years ago - well actually before that when he was only 8 months old we did our first testing and he is my allergy, asthma & (lucky us) Peanut allergy kid. But of course - as HF designs it this way - he is the happiest most amiable child - I'm sure it is just because he has to put up with all the "special" treatment. Inhalers, treatments, nose sprays, medications & now injections! But I digress - I brought him and and went myself because soccer season kicks my butt - allergy wise - when we got our skin tests done they told me I was a better candidate for shots than Ian! Boy do they hurt!

We went for a fun Chuck E. Cheese day - Linda was terrific - she went 2 days in a row just to go with all her friends! It was crowded - apparently we weren't the only ones with the same idea. Linda's boys had accumulated over 4100 tickets for the summer - crazy! All the kids racked up more points today and they shared them - we made off with a CEC Bubble Gum machine - oh joy! Our friend Rachel came out from our old Ward - it's fun because we all have kids the same age - between us we have 15 kids - all the same ages - fun times.

This weekend is lowkey - nice before school starts on Tuesday. We're watching my friend CeCe's kids now so they could go out on a date - I practically made them go - they are the kind of friends that would give you the shirt off their backs - literally - so I had to do the sly, "What are you doing Friday night?" When she said nothing - I said "let me watch your kids!!! Go out with your man!!!" Dave was the little league coach - for the "other team" so he got a nice GC for a restaurant in town - so a nice night for them, free dinner & free babysitting - gotta love those! Of course they won't take advantage though and they'll come back early - I told them to go to the movies - the probably won't - ha ha

We also have Judson here too (Linda's #4) and we had Katie Rose here for Tyler - I love having all the friends over - at the end of the night if we forget to have the kids help clean up I tend to second guess myself - but I really don't mind it - I think we didn't have family friends like that growing up - but I did get my cousins - and when I got older in 8th grade + we started spending weekends with friend's families or vacations and it was fun. I want my kids to know I love their friends too and they are always welcome.....

Have a great weekend - I'm just looking forward to relaxing with the family....

6 comments:

  1. wow your so nice! too bad we dont live closer girl!!

    ouch is right on the shots thing-atleast your there doing it with him!??! still cant be fun...

    4100 tickets!??! GEESH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun at CEC-I'm not a fan of that place but it's tolerable when I have good friends to hang out with while I'm there.

    Sorry about the shots-that's no fun for either one of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuck E. Cheese is where kid can be a kid. heeheehe Wow Linda went two days in a roll. Oh my!!!!
    So sorry about Ian getting Allergy Shots.. My son Jakob as bad allergy, asthma. We have been in the hospital a few time with him. I hope everything works out for Ian. Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you are such a nice friend and mom! doing all the fun things with friends and then having extras over to boot! but lucky kids to have a mom that does that.

    bummer on the allergy shots! i have one asthma kid, and we didn't find out until he was 5 after a visit and stay in the hospital. ugg, but now he does great. hope those shots work miracles for you and you have a great season minus the pokes. just think not stuffy anymore! you can do it! it's worth it! have a great last day before school starts! can't wait to see 1st day of school pics! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice of you to watch their kids!

    I hate any form of shots--ouch is right. We just discovered Weston is allergic to the breed of dog we want. It's SO sad! I am tempted to go to an allergist to see what they say. But I don't want to make him miserable either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. heh you are a great friend.. do you need a few more? ha just kidding!

    we tend to always have extras here too, but I like that to know where my kids are and what is going on with them!

    allergy shots.. ouch! we have a lot of allergies at our house, mostly in the spring time though..

    take care!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!