I cannot find my camera cables (and I do mean plural) anywhere??!!! My cleaning for the cleaners must be super good because I have no idea where either one of them is hiding?!
The first day of school was great - the kids like their teachers, they got there in time, they like seeing their friends - then reality set in......they had HOMEWORK!!! And the crab session already started - Hellloooo?? It is going to be a long school year if that kept up. So I said, that's it - no more - it's only the first day!
The worst of the worst was as I predicted - the traffic - I could not believe how many cars were on the road - it took FOREVER to get home. The main road back to my house is a one lane each way type road - because it's right on the ridgeline/foothill so even if they wanted to widen it, the only way they could, would be to level the hill or take out a bunch of homes, neither of which I see happening in this century. It was crazy - every mom must have been on the road yesterday - today was much much more manageable.
Anyway - it has been HOT HOT HOT here - I wilt in the heat so I can't wait until it cools down. I better find that cable soon - I have to post some pictures!!!!
On a more somber note - my grandpa called and said my grandma hasn't been feeling well. I'm the eldest grandchild - I call her once every week & a half or so, I try for every week, but you know how it is.... she has poor circulation in her leg, and other elder issues - but they want to look at her for possible by-pass surgery - I think she may be too fragile....it's different when you are an older grandchild - because I remember my grandma younger, when she was working, when she got remarried (she was a widow), when she retired, taking me on vacation - cooking for me - I always thought my grandma was the coolest because she was the only woman I knew who liked to drink beer, although I never could stand the smell. I'm hoping and praying the Dr's will help her out - my grandparents are very active, they do lunches and breakfast groups, church group, she did the hula for a long time, she loves paper crafts, and even does taxes!
Anyway - I'm hopeful - it's been fun to start getting back into the swing - had PT today and Linda watched Lucas then I brought back Quesadilla Explosion Salads from Chili's - yum... well onto tomorrow - good night!
I wish we had a chili's close by that sounds awesome!
ReplyDeletesorry about your grandma.. that is impressive she was so active.. that is hard.
homework complaining already.. I am sure my girls will be doing the same thing!
So sorry about your grandma .
ReplyDeleteWow homework that frist day. School is here. :)
We had som crazy weather here. The frist few days of the week has been cool. Today it is HOT. Almost 100. Crazy :0
its suppose to be hot this week today..if going to the gym at 9am and its 98..NOT GOOD!
ReplyDeleteyou wilt away in the heat?! geesh i'd be sleeping outside to get skinny girl!!
oh sad about grandma..its sad to see my grandma getting older too..im glad i got to visit her a couple of weeks ago..it will probably be the last time..
what homework complaints already!?!? that is NO fun!
The first day of adjustment is hard. The early morning start, homework, and the hunger pangs=grumpy guses.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your grandma. I too am the oldest grandchild and wouldn't know what to do if one of my grandparents were ill. They are like second parents to me. In fact, my grandpa turns 85 in a few days and my grandma 79. So crazy!
Hope today is a good day for you!
Sorry to hear about your grandma. I am one of the younger grandkids, so my memories of my grandparents were always of them older. I can imagine it's a more difficult situation to see them aging when you've seen them in their prime.
ReplyDeleteFunny about the homework. Every day I expect Preston to do homework before playing with friends, and every day he acts completely shocked and disappointed he can't just go and play. What's up with that???
I look forward to the cool, crisp, fall air!