Countdown to Hawaii

Tuesday, August 7

San Diego

Well I'm back - Vacations are always nice but it is so nice to come home. Our trip was very fun - we went early and we were able to take our time driving down. We stopped in Santa Clarita the first night and drove into Hollywood the next day.

We got to go to the American Girl store - figured we should do it before Tyler gets too old! It was very fun. We went into San Diego the next day and stayed at the Hyatt. It was really nice to hang out in hotels and swim in pools and not have to do the cleaning!

Friday we also visited with Jon & Christina - it was so fun to see all the kids! It's funny to measure time by kids - you know - 2 kids ago we did this, we moved here before the other 3 kids, it's so easy to measure that way! Christina & Jon look the same and their house looks terrific - the best part - I got to ride in the Lift!

The rest of our trip is a typical trip - The Zoo (which I got to stay home from), Sea World (Shamu, Shamu - and if you've been there lately - you know the mantra), Legoland and of course the Beach. It was great to just sit on the sand and watch the waves. We met my parents and one brother the first day. Sunday in the condo my mom's brothers and famlies came to spend the day with us. At the end of the week my brother & his wife came to join us too. It was crowded but certainly very fun.

Thanks to Donna because I had some fun "Good Mail" waiting for me! I love it!

My leg is still gimpy - still have the crutches but I had another MRI today and I'm still doing PT. Lucas' potty training is going slowly but it's goin' - no leaks on the carpet, but I have to bring him to the toilet, I have to figure out how to get him to do it on his own!!!! School starts in 3 weeks - not sure if I'm ready! With my injury I feel bad for the kids - did we do enough for the summer??


7 comments:

  1. fun fun! good recap of the vacation! Glad you guys stopped by-

    i remember taking your van but dont remember the BK incident??? and FYI-BK is the WORST fast food place cleanliness wise!!! i havent gone there since we left the bay area!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun pictures.. looks like you had a great time! I would love to take my kids down there... fun to see so much family and friends.. hope the pt helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute pictures! I have Hayden here looking with and he is very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time. Wonderful pictures. Thanks so much for sharing them with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a good time on your vacation. It's always so good to be home though!
    I was hoping to get to meet you, I went to Sea World on Wed. with Christina, maybe next time:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trip sounded great. I am with you on the potty training. We don't have any "leaks" on the carpet, but the other.......that's a different story. We resort to hose him off outside. Such a pain.

    Welcome back. Hope the PT shows some good things soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I have to give you credit... the one good thing about this Blog is that I can look at your picture and keep up to date with your thoughts while I'm traveling.

    Don't get to talk as much now that I'm in Singapore and the timing is so far off.

    I like your picture on your profile..hopefully you still have that smile after being with the kids for 2 weeks.

    This trip has been brutal but I found new places to take you in London and you have to come out to Singapore with me. There's a lot of shopping here...

    You look beautiful.

    Yours

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!