
I was in the middle of enjoying my new book (I've read all in the series - love it) - and my house cleaner (that sounds really bad - but the caveat is that I still am crutches and cannot do enough on my own) called - my regular day is Thursday but she had a medical change and needed to come today - in 30 mins....this is a new cleaner since getting hurt so I'm still testing her out - she's very good but it's always a process getting to know someone and having them in your house. So if any of you have a cleaner you know what it takes to "clean for the cleaners", but I'm happy to report - the kids and I must have been keeping up because I just had to put away some clean clothes and dishes, and go through my 2 new counter "piles" most of which was all the extra paper from school registration and so I got to toss most of it.
I have a horrible habit of putting things on my counter by the phone - I suppose that is what it is there for, but I have a couple friends - who never, and I mean NEVER have even 1 piece of paper on their counters - I also secretly think they do not cook - one of them always BBQ's so her husband will do it - and then her kitchen is never dirty. I'm pretty sure my house isn't a sty, but it isn't Model-home-esque every moment of the day either. I do try to have no more than 2 piles on the counter to go through if I can help it (I just move it to a different room LOL)
Well not much else going on - no shopping, no school, just playing at friends - nice - and working at ClubSport 1-2 hours a day - not so nice. It would be nice to have potty training finished - where is the potty training school Christina!!?? Sign me up! But it will be nice to have a regular schedule very soon.
having the housekeeper come kills me. i lovingly refer to it as "hell Wednesday"! i hate it, the rush to pre-clean for the maid to come! kudos to you only having a little bit to do! i always have a major overhaul, before they show up. and if i kept up on it, i wouldn't need her . vicious cycle! way to go with the little bit! and yay for school starting!
ReplyDeleteI am counting down the days till we can head to the mall and have our lunch days back.
ReplyDeleteHayden is pretty much trained in the pee department. It is the poo we are still working on. I am with you on finding Christinas potty training school.
I think is would be hard for me-to have a cleaner. Some of my friends are trying to talk me into getting one. But i don't know if i would like someone to come into my home and clean. We will see. I hope you have a great day and enjoy your book :)
ReplyDeletejealous of the cleaner-it is funny how we have to clean before the cleaner comes! i use to have a system where i cleaned the WHOLE upstairs on tuesdays and the WHOLE downstairs on thursdays-i might have to start doing that again..cuz right now i clean SO randomly?!?!
ReplyDeleteim a for sure nothing on the counters girl-but freak dont open any of my drawers!!!!!!!!!!! hahah--i have a drawer by my purse were i cram stuff into and then a few drawers by the phone and a cupboard up above it..i do go thru those and end up tossing TONS away=its such a fabulous feeling! also each of the 3 older girls have a "drawer" and thats to put their crap in..they get SO mad when i throw stuff out-so im always saying PUT IT IN YOUR DRAWER or mommy's chucking-they get it now..then they will go thru their own drawers and chuck..its a good system for me..
and HELLO on crutches- you SHOULD have a maid, taxi drive, nanny and cook!!
i need to email my "potty training camp" about stating next week--its time to get this done already-i will give details! sadly she lives here in riverside..so no help to you! but i will give details!
potty training school? is that for real?
ReplyDeletehousecleaner.. of course you need that! from what pictures I have seen your home is beautiful! piles.. I have the same issue.. I need more drawers like christina.. I like my counters and desk to be clear of any piles, but that doesn't happen too often!
Sign me up for the housecleaner and potty training school! We had a good day today with it. Yay Weston went #2 at the waterpark ON the potty. I am sure I am just counting my chickens.....
ReplyDeleteIf it makes you feel better my stash by the phone is obnoxious as well. I finally just got a small basket to put it in.
Junk piles on the kitchen counter is just a given to me - with kids and so many different activities and school the papers just keep coming in. And my piles will grow tremendously next week with the return of school! I did purchase a cute file box for my counter but now I just have another pile laying on it!
ReplyDeleteHolly-- you're not alone on the pile department and as for the house cleaner... I'm jealous!! Glad you have someone to help you.
ReplyDeleteHolly-- you're not alone on the pile department and as for the house cleaner... I'm jealous!! Glad you have someone to help you.
ReplyDeleteI would love a cleaner and have had one a couple of times but have never been very happy with the results. I always think I just paid you to do this? Don't think so. I don't know if I am way too picky or what.
ReplyDeleteHope you get to finish your book.
I would love a cleaner and have had one a couple of times but have never been very happy with the results. I always think I just paid you to do this? Don't think so. I don't know if I am way too picky or what.
ReplyDeleteHope you get to finish your book.
I'm with you on the constant pile of stuff in the kitchen. I hate it! Every so often I clean out the pile and then it stays gone for about a week...so nice. I wish I had someone to clean my house but it's just not in the budget these days. Oh well.
ReplyDelete