Countdown to Hawaii

Tuesday, August 21

What Time is It?

Well I've been trying to post a few new pictures, but either the battery is dead or charging, or I cannot find the cord - today I cannot find the cord, so instead of waiting for ANOTHER day to go by.....here I am!!!

It has been pretty busy around here. Mike came home on Friday thankfully from Singapore and then we proceeded have a High School Musical 2 party with Tyler's girlfriends. It was really cute - one of the girl's had brought her twin brother and asked if he could stay so it was cute - 11 girls, and Joey. Luckily my 2 boys went to the neighbors and they had a big sleepover and had a Star Wars Fest!
Last Thursday & Friday was also middle school registration - it's always so fun to see what teachers they have - the kids were all very excited. I worked the registration Friday AM and it made me tired the rest of the day!

Saturday we had a water day at the WaterSlides & lake for Scouts - it was a beautiful day - I think it had to be in the mid to low 80's so it was perfect! Later Mike & I went on a date to see the Bourne Ultimatum - watching that movie was like riding a rollercoaster! It made me so dizzy!

Sunday was a nice day - I made it through the whole block at church for the first time the whole summer. My leg is quite attractive in my brace (I have a picture!!) We've had a ton of new people move into our ward this summer I don't know all the faces right now - which is hard when you are the one conducting in RS - you hate to miss a visitor or call on someone that isn't!

I've felt like I've been lacking spiritually - which makes sense because I haven't been to church - but I have been having the kids read the BofM and have kept up on prayers, but taking the Sacrament and hearing the lessons and talks really does boost your spirituality. This week's RS lesson was Ch. 6 in SWK - about Scriptures - something I have to do more of on a personal level - being a convert I've read the bible a couple times through, but I cannot say the same of the BofM, I've probably read the whole thing but not straight through, just in pieces or differing times, when you've been GD teacher 2X you are bound to get a thorough reading of most of it, but not cover to cover unless you taught that 4th year. If you have ever been GD teacher you know what I'm talking about . Unfortunately the first time I was that teacher I was a new convert - nice calling for a newbie (NOT!) but good thing I had a decent enough grasp on the bible so I could fudge my way through. Okay, now I'm rambling - but the point to this is - I need to read my scriptures myself every day and really study them.

My headaches have gotten better - I'm trying to keep better track of them on a monthly calendar - to see if I have any patterns, I was keeping a log, but I'm visual so I'm hoping this will help. My hip and leg are still attached, but I cannot walk properly or without the aid of the crutch. I hobble around the house without it but that is about it. I'm going to PT 2x a week which helps - it's just a waiting game.

I'm working again at ClubSport - just 1-2 hours a day - actually I'm getting "laid off" to my delight - they want one full-time person for the job instead of me & my job share - which makes sense of course for continuity - but neither one of us wanted full time - so it is a blessing - I was really getting stressed thinking of how I was going to go back to work 2x week and do PT and preschool 2x, and speech therapy 2x for Lucas in a week - there weren't enough days! So I'm going to transition the new person who will start next week! Then it's back to shopping at the mall with Linda and lunches with the girls (yeah, the life of leisure - ha ha)

Today my little guys got their school schedule too and I worked at their registration too - it's so fun to see all your friends - I have another 9 years at that school - sigh - good times.

This week we have not much planned - just one more week and they'll be off to school - hip hip hooray! Guess I better get those rugrats in bed - 8:30 is going to hit them like a ton of bricks next week! Hope your summer days are ending happily as well!

7 comments:

  1. WHEW that was a lot! im tired already! nice of you to do the registration at the schools-i leave that to the other moms like you!

    im with ya on the BoM-i will start up again aug. 27th when the kids go back to school..i cant believe you taught GD as a convert- HELLO! impressed!

    glad to have mike home im sure--an extra hand is good-and for you an extra 2 legs are a bonus!

    nice that your not having to work anymore..seriously-it got in the way of shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you taught gospel doctrine as a convert? oh my goodness, way to break you in! that is crazy!

    well, glad Mike is home.. and glad you get to quit work and go back to shopping!

    reading the book of mormon is always good.. I love the sense of accomplishment when I get to finish it, but it has been a while for me.. I think since President Hinckley's challenge!

    well glad to hear you are doing better, look forward to the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i bow down to you on teaching G.D.! i am not a convert and i couldn't do that ever! and good for you helping out at registration! super mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. email me your email again! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly-I've heard so much about you from Christine and Linda that I thought I'd read a little of your blog. You are one busy person. We were at Bourne Ultimatum w/ you on Sat night (and then said HI afterwards). I'm with you on the camera moving thing-I had to close my eyes sometimes because the movements were just too much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll tell you WHAT TIME IT IS.....lunch time! Linda told me about lunch on the first day of school - count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that was quite the recap. I am glad to hear that you are feeling at least up to going to church the entire time. That is a LONG time.

    cute hs musical photos. you had a WAY bigger crowd that me. Glad Mike is finally back :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!