I tend to glaze over my days when I post - but I'm done and at the end of my rope. Here's how I feel today:
1. Drained
2. Frustrated
3. Impatient
4. Sore
5. Overworked
6. Over scheduled
7. Abused
8. Taken advantage of
9. Ignored
10. But yet in the same breath blessed
My kids are driving me crazy - half of it is them physically/mentally and half of it is their schedule.
My #2 child is Dr. Jeckell/Mr. Hyde. He is my most "needy" he always needs my attention, he would actually thrive being an only child. He wants what he wants when he wants it and doesn't agree with anyone. Votes are always 3 to 1 for everything - food, tv shows, games to play, where to go, etc... if you say left, he says right - and he is SO moody and grumpy - it's so draining EVERY DAY when you come downstairs and say "good morning" and 3 are happy and THE ONE is constantly getting up off the wrong side of the bed. But he's polite and sweet when he goes to his friends' houses and the parents all love him - and he can be so so sweet and sharing - the first one to give up his seat, share his food/candy, watch the baby, is okay when we can't do something he wants, he says his prayers and helps us keep the sabbath, loves to read the BofM - so I just don't get it. He pushes my buttons - do I expect too much?
Mike has been gone for 2 weeks straight - which is tough enough when I'm not a cripple so this stint has just been too much for me - at least mentally - I'm so glad he is on his way home. The potty training for Lucas isn't going great - he goes on cue, but only on cue in the toilet - otherwise if you don't catch him - it's time for a new pull-up, and I just don't have the mobility to let him run around butt nake'd or in underwear because I can't bend well for clean up.
#3 is testing my limits - he is my child that is too smart for his own good and he doesn't listen to me - you can tell he is brilliant because HE CANNOT CLEAN UP after himself - so he better become a bazillionaire so he can hire someone to wipe his ...nose - ha ha He can make his bed beautifully but cannot pick up his socks, or his plates - that one burns me the most!
#1 has actually been very helpful - it's more of her crazy schedule that is just beginning that is driving me batty. I feel like I'm alienating my friends because I'm making them carpool with me :) - she has dance 3 X week and we go back and forth all the time.
To top it off - I'm getting my mystery headaches or rather "episodes" back - I had to see a neurologist because I have these weird head spasms, I have vertigo and my neck hurts - my MRI says my brain is "perfect" but obviously something is amiss - but when I was working out it was better - but now that my best friend is a crutch and a brace - I'm not getting much cardio - I need the pheromones! I'm even trying to reduce my 1/day can of my beloved Diet Coke to see if it will help.
But I do have to count my blessing - we have so very much and we have good health - I have a husband that loves me and kids I truly wouldn't trade in for the world so I have to learn to work through the rough spots but sometimes I have enough!
Sorry for the moan and groan session but thanks for reading - your blogs help me through the day - School starts in another 13 days? But what busy days we have coming up!
I can relate with so much of what you just wrote. I know today will be better for you. When it seems to be so bad I always know that it couldn't be that bad two days in a row and it never is.
ReplyDeleteIt will be nice to have your hubby home to help out with the kids/schedules. I can't believe you do what you do in your current situation...a brace and crutches. You are amazing.
So sorry about the head issues. I hope you are able to find some relief. Take care!
Chandler Bing moody??? I never see it. he is definitly quiet, but we love Chan man. I havent been much of a help to you either, I am trying to stay afloat over here with my sweet darlings. Did you register Tyler today?
ReplyDeleteoh huge bummer bit i feel you! vent away holy busy and uncomfortable and summer time is lame! and your hubby travels? for work! insane! totally crazy! you are a great wife and mom!
ReplyDeletejust keep swimming! it'll get better hopefully soon.
I have weird headache issues and shooting pains up my neck to my head.
when my blood pressure is high. i have never had it checked . probably should but i don't wanna know! good luck with that and keep us informed!
Hope today is better!
We need to be neighbors! First of all a hubby gone for 2 weeks. That is hard enough to deal with. Add kids to the mix and you are bound for disaster on occasion. Hang in there! I hope you feel better tomorrow. Big hugs!
ReplyDeleteman-why cant kids just be good???! today was one of those days with ALL 4 of my girls--we jUST had a nice vacation and i come home to this?? SCHOOL SO NEEDS TO START OVER HERE!!
ReplyDeleteokay weird about your headaches..i had mine a couple of weeks ago-but now they are gone..whew! i hope your able to figure yours out-that cant be good??
isnt blogging great- you can blog--and then ( or edit things later) when your kids read your "blogs/journal" they'll appreciate all the heck we put up with!! hahaha
I hope that today is a better day. I can totaly relate to days like you described. Those are the days that I just want to take a l-o-n-g nap! I too suffer from horrible headaches-migraines. I hope that you are able to find some relief super soon! Hang in there! :)
ReplyDeleteoh man.. I can relate.. frustrating days.. weeks..I hope your husband is home soon and you get a break! sounds like a ton going on! and to be in pain, and headaches too ugh! I hope they can help your head! it is hard to do anything when you don't feel good.
ReplyDeleteheh, yep I can customize the vinyl I need to get some pictures up on my vinyl blog on what I am doing..
well take care!
Oh girl i am so sorry. I so can relate with you so much!!!!!!! I been having some of those days as well. The other day when Ryan came home. I told him that the " Kids were his." I went upstairs and took a long bath. I hope you have a better week my friend :)
ReplyDeleteBig HUGS!!!!!!