I have to do a tribute to my very handsome husband Mike - he was teasing me about the whole Colin Firth blog - so here is my man looking quite dashing when we were in Tahoe. Mike makes my life special and I can't believe the life we have together. I love him so much even though I don't show it as much as he does - or let me rephrase that - he tends to be more affectionate, I'm more of 'show love with service' type person. So I show him how much I love him by doing his laundry, taking care of his kids, cooking, cleaning & paying the bills.....but seriously I love everything about him and he plopped right in front of me - literally - in my path - we lived in the same apartment complex, when he was on the landing when I was coming home - he looked so cute I was slightly speechless. We became friends and dated for 2.5 years before we finally got married. We're going on 15 years of marriage - we met on Sept. 1, 1990 - he has it written down in his journal. Mike is the nicest man you will ever meet - he would do anything for you and give you the shirt off his back. It balances me because I think I'm stingy but I so try not to be! So no, it's not his birthday (yet) or our anniversary but I just wanted him to know I love him so....
My friend Louise left for Italy - I was so sad to see her go, but before she took off she helped me string a few of my Venetian Beads - so now I have a bracelet & earrings!
This is my new attempt at the chores - instead of a grid sheet that I've had for a while I came up with this - the kids can do a chore or pick a chore and the different colors hold different weights (points) some days some of the kids aren't even home so this way if someone is supposed to sweep and they are not home I can still ask a different kid and they'll get points. So far they like it, it's the follow-up on the reward/allowance I need to be more consistent on! I'll let you know how it goes after a week....
On Saturday we had a small belated birthday sleepover for Chandler's birthday - he had the same 4 friends over that he had over from last year - it was so easy, he just wanted pizza, he had his friends bring their Ninetendo DS's and they watched a couple movies and played Game Cube. He didn't want a cake, just cupcakes. They were mostly passed out by 12 then they woke up by 7 and played video games. I made pancakes & sausage and then they went home by 10am so we could still make 1pm church! Easy peasy! No theme, no decorations, just his buddies and they played. Nice.....
Your husband does look like a sweet guy. I'm loving your new chore plan, that looks like something even I could implement. I have a really hard time sticking to a plan, so I just ask people to do what needs to be done, and they do it. If they turn down a chore, they just get assigned a nastier chore. They've learned to say yes ma'am, the first time I ask.
ReplyDeleteOoooh and your bracelet and earrings are GORgeOus!
Good pictures! It was very nice of you to talk about your husband the way you did, and it's not even his birthday or anniversary? Good luck with your new chore list, its hard trying to motivate our kids to do their chores. Your bracelet and earrings are really pretty!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great, great, great post! I think a tribute to a Husband just because is almost more meaningful! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOk, I am loving the chore idea! I have been trying to figure out a system that will work for us...now it's all just so random. I think I will steal this idea and give it a try myself! Love the pockets!
That b-day party sounds so ideal! Kids are really pretty simple when it comes down to it. good friends, good food, good times!
What a nice tribute to your husband. Sounds like a good guy :D
ReplyDeleteI love the chore sticks. Be sure and post how it works. I think I am going to make that up for my kids.
How nice to visit Tahoe. That was my honeymoon spot. We had a great time and it was beautiful!!
great pictures and nice words about your husband very sweet... balance is good.. fun to see the pictures! love the jewlrey!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures. You and your hubby are such a cute couple.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful and sweet tribute to your husband.
Have a great day :)
What a gorgeous place to have a wedding! Such a nice post about your hubby. I think they all need to hear it once in a while. I know I am guilty for not being nearly as affectionate as mine.
ReplyDeleteLove the green bracelet and earrings.
And I have to add you are brave to have a kid sleepover AND go to church. I would be a total grump! Good for you. :)
mike is a sweet guy--and its SO nice to hear that you and me are the exact same--i show jon i love him, jon tells me he loves me..we are SO OPPOSITE!!
ReplyDeletefun chore idea--my chore plan still seems to be working THANK HEAVENS! the marble jars are still going strong too..
fun bday party-i LOVE that it was lowkey-bdays these days are SO out of control!!
fabulous love your hubby post! did you ever read the five love languages book? check into it! is is great if you ahven't read it yet!
ReplyDeleteLOve love your new Chore chart. i do the ask them to do it too. but maybe if we did this the ambitious ones would do more and the lame ones would do something. love your jewelry! fabulous! there is just something so satisfying about sitting down for a while with some beads , findings and wire and coming out of it with a bracelet, and earrings. i love the turn around with beading project!
Cute pictures of you and your husband. Such nice words to.
ReplyDeleteGreat time with the party.
Hey - I didn't know you guys dated for 2.5 years before getting married - wow! It is funny how we all "view ourselves" differently 'cause I would never put you in a "stingy" catergory - you are so giving. Great jewelry bu the way!
ReplyDeleteWow to the chore chart. I've never seen one so pretty.
ReplyDelete