Countdown to Hawaii

Monday, October 5

Legoland & Chessington

The kids did not have school last Thursday, Friday or today. So like a good mom and not wanting them to all stay at home and pick at each other (or me!) we went to Legoland in Windsor on Thursday which is about 30 mins away. We have a season pass that allows you to go to this park as well as a few others that are just minutes away from our house.

The weather was fabulous and it was completely not crowded since the British schools are still in session. It was perfect! We saw friends there and one family friends came to join us as well. It was a great day. TristyLu even got to go on a few rides...this legoland is huge - and it has great rides for big kids as well as little kids. It's a great place to go - especially when there is no one else around!





This is when you first walk in - the view is wonderful - you can see just behind the kids is Windsor Castle. It was a beautiful clear day and you could see for miles!


Us & the Hickey kids (and yes, I am in the photo - the kids are all catching up in height to me!)


The next day I went to the kids' school for conferences (hence the reason for no school) They are all doing well and I feel lucky they get to go to this fabulous private school. They don't really have more than 15 kids per class - the technology each teacher has available to them is outstanding. And the cultural experience alone is priceless.

After I got back we drove 15 mins to Chessington World of Adventures which is another theme park. Our friend Chris called Lagoon in Utah a poor man's Great America - well this is on par with that, or even slightly less! But still all good fun. They have lots of rides that are quite pseudo-Disney.





\

They have bigger rides so I stayed with Lucas & Tristy-Lu which is why I don't have pictures of the big kids! But it was a great weekend.

Mike was in the States all week so he got home Friday night - Tyler and I went to Hampton Court to see a play called A Little Neck about Anne Boleyn - it was the BEST play - we were divided into 4 groups and followed the characters around the castle - practically running through it all during the night. The Castle was the stage and we ran around all the different rooms to watch the play. It was amazing! You didn't sit for 1.5 hours - it's hard to explain, but hands down the most interactive and coolest thing I've done!

So there you have it - our last few days. Now I'm off to take my UK Driving Test - the written part - I had to study 963 questions to be quizzed on 50, plus this interesting periphery test - it has a 50% fail rate... cross you fingers!

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you children went to a private school. What a blessing to have a good school for your children.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just left a comment, but maybe it got deleted some how.

    ANYWAY... the play sounds like sooooooooo much fun! I would love to do something like that!

    The parks sound great, what an incredible experience you all get to have right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the test. Yikes that sounds kind of scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a great MOM! You and the kids look great and we hope that Lucas is feeling better by now. Love to read your blog. We did a play similar to the one you were on in New York. It was a mystery and the best experience we ever had. We went to various places in New York looking for clues and actors met us at each place. This idea for a play actually started in California. Have a great day and we are excited to see you and Tristan soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!