Today crashed Linda's ward's Super Saturday - and if you've been following her blog you'll know she's away at a girls weekend with her family! But I've made lots of friends over there since the new RS program so it was fun for me.... Here are a few of the great projects they had - I didn't even have time to do them all because there were so many! But I have a few of my Christmas presents done now so I feel very accomplished! We're doing a mini craft night in our ward - with my accident I couldn't possibly put together a Super Sat - so we're opting to just do a few crafts for the sisters - we aren't doing it until Nov so I have some time...
Friday night we had girl scouts - I'm a Junior Leader and I had 19 of my 21 girls resign - which is pretty amazing since they are all now in 6th grade.... We made these cute gourd candles so it was pretty fun. The girls are working on their Bronze Award which we should finish by this year - quite a few of them want to continue but Tyler will be going to YW in January - I don't think I have the energy to do it anymore. Plus with the boys coming up to Cubs it's a bit too much. It is sad to me the church doesn't support Girl Scouts like they do Boys - but don't get me started :)
Tomorrow is busy too - Mike has an early church meeting, then I have choir, I'm also playing a flute solo in Sacrament - the bad part is they asked me just last week, the good part(s) are - it won't be too hard and since I don't have an accompaniment, if I mess up, no one will know - ha ha! I also started practice for the Stake Bell Choir - it is fun but every Sunday night until Christmas is tough.
Now I'm making pumpkin bread (I made Christina's pumpkin chocolate chip cookies earlier in the week - yum yum!!!) for RS tomorrow. We're having our VT Conference so all of us in the presidency are making bread for the sisters - should be yummy. Well I'm off to tell kids to get ready for bed! Have a great day!
Love your crafts! Our ward usually has Super Saturday in the Summer and it hasn't been very super for the last few (10) years.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the girls not having enough support. I'm thinking of becoming a 4-H leader so my daughter can do some fun stuff too. I'm just not sure how much time I actually want to devote to something like that.
So many amazing crafts! You have been super busy and that is a TON of little girls. I look forward to having a big group of YW when we move for Taylor.
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a great Sunday!
I'm glad you had fun at Super Saturday. Your projects turned out great. I'm excited to finally do some for myself because I've just been so focused on getting everything ready for everyone else.
ReplyDeleteyour projects are fabulous! and the gourd candle is dang cute! nice mama to be a girl scout leader in addition to all your other stuff! busy! and very impressive. i do nothing extra and can't get anything done!
ReplyDeleteLOve all you crafts :) You did a great job!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMiss Emily will be in YW this week :)
Wow that's a lot of girl scouts, how fun!
ReplyDeleteSoounds like a busy weekend.
Pumpkin bread..sounds yummy!! (my favorite)!
im EXHAUSTED woman!! i read your last two posts--you need a vacation!!
ReplyDeletethe crafts are way cute-especially the last ones..
what a great BIG group of girls-how fun!!
great crafts! that girl scout group is huge! wow.. the bread sounds yummy!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun. Now you can help me do mine:)
ReplyDeleteGreat craft stuff. GOod for you for going even though Linda wasn't there!
ReplyDeleteSuch cute crafts...Michelle did a great job! I think you are ready for a break! Just reading about your day made me tired :)
ReplyDelete