Countdown to Hawaii

Wednesday, October 17

Good News

Well first I have to start with bittersweet news - my mom left for home yesterday - the kids were very sad - but I'm sure my mom was happy to get home to my dad and her own house. She was here more than 2 weeks or was it 3? I've lost count. When my mom comes here we eat lots of Chinese food - then we have a hiatus and then I crave it again..... I'm happy to report she did the drive back to Vegas in good time and safely! Yahoo! Good job mom!

My in-laws are coming back again in a couple weeks too - yes, I do have a revolving hotel here - I keep a candy dish in the guest room for tips - but the good news is that they are coming by request to watch the kids - Mike is meeting me down under!

Humm, I keep having problems posting pictures is anyone else having problems or is it my fabulous new mac????? I have a cute picture of Australia I was supposed to post right there...I had problems all yesterday too - tell me if you are too. But yes, I'm going to Australia because Mike has to work - he's been there twice before so I'm so excited to be able to go - I leave on the 1st - I couldn't possibly miss Halloween!

I also Graduated from Physical Therapy yesterday - I brought the therapists yummy gingerbread cupcakes! My therapist is really cute - she is 24 and just so cute, she reminds me of one those Madame Alexander dolls - just perfect skin and cute curly brown hair - I always think of when I was just out of college and not married and in my career, ah seems like centuries ago!

Well it is raining here today - and it is nice - except poor Chandler was supposed to go on a field trip today - yikes! Glad I'm not driving wet 3rd grader feet today!

6 comments:

  1. I just caught up with your last few posts. I love those projects. Where do you get the tile project? I am wanting to do a few for Christmas presents. You can email me any info. that you might have on those. Any of those are darling.

    How fun to be going to Austrailia. What a fun trip! I'm jealous. :D

    It's always sad for mom to go home. My kids always hate to see grandma go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to plan a trip with your sweetheart! I bet you'll really miss having your Mom around, if I go longer than 2 days without seeing mine, I start having withdrawls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! what a treat! Austrailia! what a dream... I hope you have fun! awesome inlaws to come and help out too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH how fun! I would love to go to Austrailia.


    What heppen to your leg and why were you going to Physical Therapy. I wonder if i need to go????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Down under?? I am TOTALLY jealous. That sounds fabulous. I have been having terrible issues with uploading photos lately. I have to upload them one at a time. So buggy.

    Nice of your inlaws to watch the kids. Can't wait to hear about your exciting trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous you get to go Down Under. Stephen went last year on business but we just couldn't work it out for me to go too. Maybe next time. I'll look forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!