Countdown to Hawaii

Thursday, October 4

Darn

So I had Bunco at my house last night and got out my cute Halloween decorations and had my camera out and totally forgot to take pictures! Oh well.... we also decided to have a spur of the moment Couples Bunco night on Friday night so we'll see if I can remember to take pictures to post that night.

Today was a good day - my mom & I along with Lucas went to visit my grandma in the hospital - she lost 3 of her toes (instead of 5) and she is doing so well! She is even walking with a walker already - I just hope she continues her good rehabilitation and that her toes heal without infection. She is 85 and is doing really well. Lucas was really good - I brought along those color wonder books and he was thoroughly entertained for almost an hour.

Tonight I got to go to a Stamp Technique class (I sell Stampin' Up! but only to my close friends - just kidding) it was fun - I'm more of a hobbiest and for the last couple years have sold cards in sets for Christmas gifts - so I went to my upline's house for a class tonight - it is always nice to have a night away - except my poor mom was the one that had to watch the kids because Mike just walked in the door at 10pm....

Today is my brother's birthday - My brothers are a bit younger than I am - they don't have kids yet, but Gavin is married - it was hard growing up because I was always the odd man out because I was older and there were two of them - always hard with 3. When my brother first got married they lived in the town just over and it was so fun because he had afternoons off and we could go eat or he'd come see the kids sports on the weekends - but now they live 45 mins away and they work all the time so we never see them. We miss him - like tonight for his birthday the kids would have loved to go out and visit him but oh well...

The chores chart is working out well now into day 3 - they almost fight to do the bigger point chores - like taking out the trash and putting dirty dishes into the sink - it's pretty funny. We'll have to see how it goes...hope all is well!

8 comments:

  1. Bunco, stamp night, bunco - fun, fun, fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun night. I may just have to try to chore sticks. I need something new. I am glad it is working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. our bishop put up a stink about bunco--so its kind of outlawed here!!

    nice to hear the chore thing is on the upswing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun night. That is so cool that you make cards. What a fun hobby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummers--no photos?? Maybe next time. Happy birthday to your brother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couples bunco, good idea! I cant wait until my kids are old enough to do chores, instead of just creating more for me!lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love bunco.. my friend has said she is going to start a group.. we'll see!
    fun to do some stampin too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome! love bunco and couples bunco is super fun too! and yay on the stamping and having a hobby! that is fun! and Sweet! on the chores going well and they fight over the bigger ones. awesome! i may have to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!