
Wow - this is my 100th post - I wouldn't have thought it back in March when I started-
I've been in a busy cycle lately
Just to start - I must say Middle school is very trying...Tyler is doing a great job - but it is very hard. She wants to get straight A's but - and this is very cute - she'll come home saying, I did great, I only missed one or two answers - but hello - if there are only 5 or 10 questions on a quiz or test - you aren't going to get straight A's honey....
Secondly - my mom is here - mostly to help my grandma but she stays with us - my grandma by the way is home from the hospital which I'm grateful for - she did lose 3 toes however - but she sure is spunky. My mom is a good help with the kids but you know when you aren't on your own it's just a little more to do in your day. (meaning - I can't pass out on the couch on the middle of the day when I want to!)
Third - Mike is still working about 70-80 hours a week - I'm so tired of every night him coming home just to go into the office for a conference call in Asia. So I do all the homework and food and baths and carpooling and.... and...and
Then lastly I'm just crazy with my regular stuff - still 2 days of speech therapy for Lucas, church calling, 2 days of preschool, 2 days of physical therapy (hooray I graduate next Tuesday!) but I did keep my ceramics class - when they fire the last batch I'll bring them home and take pictures and post them. I got to throw on a wheel last week and made a cup! I love it!
Last week is a blur now - I know I had a mall trip, lunch with Linda, bunco, a visit to my grandma and lots and lots of driving of children around - soccer, football, dance, dance, dance.... I must sound like a broken record - but sometimes I feel like writing it out makes it slightly more sane! I hope everyone else is doing well with all their activities!
Ceramics!! How fun, someday I want to have my own wheel - I've taken classes but I never get enough time on the wheel to get really good. Company - yes, I understand. There's always the constant pressure to maintain things, and look busy and active. Not that you aren't anyway! Junior High - ugh, don't get me started.
ReplyDeleteFunny about writing it down. I make myself almost exactly the same to do list every day! I have notebooks full of lists that say: laundry, dishes, sweep & mop, vacuum, what's for dinner?, etc. Usually one or two things vary, and then there's the list of the 10 or 20 things that I always plan to get to but never do, so they just go from one list to the next! Ah, the life of a Mom.
Wow, how do you find time to blog? I hate it when my husband works long hours (although the bigger paychecks are NICE!) I totally feel ya on the whole venting thing! It does feel better!;) Glad your PT is almost done!
ReplyDeletewow you go crazy girl! Yesterday Sophia went around the house saying Uuuuucas, we ahr yew? She misses you guys. And Max misses Mike, he went crazy in the toy store, he was like 'Next time we go back I'm gonna buy Mike this train and that train oh and he would like these things too!" We all miss you guys!!
ReplyDeleteWOW! You are busy!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMy Emily sounds a lot like your Tyler. Wants straight A' so BAD!
I can't imagine being spunky after loosing three toes. Yikes! Good for grandma.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on so many posts. Here is to several more. And hang in there...we need to be neighbors with missing hubby's :)
oh that is hard to have a husband gone so much.. I don't really know what that is like.. but can imagine it gets old.. carrying so much on your own.
ReplyDeletewell congrats on your 100th post..have a great weekend!
Ugh! You are one busy girl. I don't look forward to those days although sometimes I have to remind myself to enjoy the days when we have no commitments and we can just do whatever. I feel your pain on the hubby working late-it's no fun at all. Stephen has lots of conference calls with Asia too. Why can't they go into work early sometimes for these calls instead of those here in the US working so late for the calls? Don't get me started.
ReplyDeletebusy lady! and wow on the hubby's work week , you must be tired with therapy and school stuff! and active wiht church and scouts and dance and and and! i feel you! mine isn't a s busy as yours ! hope it slows down a little!
ReplyDelete