Countdown to Hawaii

Monday, October 29

Trunk or Treat

We had a busy Saturday - Soccer & Football - the boys are so athletic it's fun to watch them play.

Our Stake did a giant Trunk or Treat - it was really nice, but way bigger than in any of the years past - it was so big - they had 6 carnival games, picture taking, cake walk & food - that it was overcrowded - they did everything in the gym - except the cake walk - they probably should have used a few more rooms in the building, but c'est la vie. My kids only played one game.

We stayed most of the time outside - the weather was perfect because I'm always cold but not this year. We got to hit the trunks early since we were outside for so long. Very fun. I had 2 extras - we brought a buddy for Tyler and picked up Chandler's buddy at the church - we then went to another friend's right after for their annual Halloween bash - we had fun - in the garage they had set up a foosball table, air hockey and PS3 - Air Guitar....it was hard! I don't know how kids are so coordinated.

Then me & the 6 kids came home - camped out in the family room and passed out by 11:45. Good thing we have late church this year!




Here we are - Mario, Dorothy, Tyrone (Backyardigans), Mr. Rhino & mom serving the kegs....

8 comments:

  1. oh cute costumes.. sounds like a fun saturday night..

    That guitar game sounds fun.. I keep reading about it.. but haven't played it before..
    have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great costumes. So glad to-hear that the weather was nice. We have our T&T this week. I don’t think it will be warm here. It is always so cold on Halloween night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh too fun! you get an good mom award for ACTUALLY dressing up!

    that guitar game IS HARD! rachel totally whips me at it...embarrassing and i EVEN KNOW THE SONG and still cant get it-loser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Holly - you and your kids looked great on Saturday. I agree with you - I barely got to talk to anyone 'cause there were so many people in the cultural hall and I was worried I was going to lose Emily and her friend.

    We have guitar hero here at home - it is a ton of fun to play! Rock on!

    Have you had your Super Saturday yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Holly, you have been tagged!

    Rules:
    Link to the person who tagged you; Share 7 random facts about yourself; Tag 7 other blog friends & leave a comment on their blog with the rules.

    Have fun!

    Now a note from me. I totally agree with you on the Carnival-way too crowded. But I think most of the young kids had a good time. You guys look so cute in your costumes. I need to get me a costume so I can actually dress up one of these years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love the costumes!!! So fun that you actually dressed up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling costumes!! We are huge back yard again fans over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. rad costumes! lovin mario! and Tyrone, did he sing the songs and dance too? and mr rhino! fabulous! Dorthy looked lovely! and you are rad for dressing up! sounds like it was a full day!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!