Countdown to Hawaii

Friday, October 19

Pumpkin Patch

Well sort of - I got to work in Lucas' preschool class today - it was actually very nice - there were only 8 kids today (normally there are only 9 for 3 year olds) so it's all very tame. It's very cute - they don't take the 3's TO the pumpkin patch for a field trip - they bring the pumpkins to the kids - it's so cute because we basically threw down a bunch of pumpkins and gourds and indian corn, and they get to pick one. No fuss - takes all of 5 minutes then pictures. You can't beat that!



Ms. Lyn cut open a pumpkin for the kids too - notice Lucas' hands strategically placed behind his back so they won't get dirty - hmmm, wonder where he gets that from????


So that was my day - we then continued our special day and had - don't tell Mike - McDonald's - my insides are already screaming. Then came home and watched Backyardigans...."super spy!!!" you have to sing it, not say it.

The boys came home did homework, then football, Tyler had dance - it was actually a very easy afternoon for once. Only small bits of crying and wailing - just kidding - it was very pleasant and calm surprisingly.

Tomorrow a couple of Dr's appointments - the kids all had their physicals this week - 5 trips to the doctors by the end of the week - why don't they let you take all the kids together?? Well, I can see why not for the girl/boy thing but oh well....

My chore chart/reward system is working really well - and I have a register for the points/allowance portion - so I don't actually have to shell out the cash right away - good thing too! Yea Me! But the next thing to work on is the tattle-telling, picking on purpose type stuff... one thing at a time!

9 comments:

  1. OK I totally know the tune to "Super Spyyyyyyyy!" (It's gooder to be good) Haha! Love how he's holding his hands behind his back, how cute. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you got to go help on such a fun day! I remember having a pumpkin patch like that in Kindergarten. (Funny, I just realized that I probably have more memories of kindergarten than high school.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss pumpkin patch kid outings. We don't have them here. Cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to be in the classroom with the little ones. The kids just love mom to be there. I love that kind of pumpkin patch :D

    The pictures are cute. I'm cracking up about Lucas not wanting to get his hands dirty. That was my husband as a child. He wouldn't touch the ground with his hands or walk barefoot outside. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pumpkin patch are always so fun.

    So gald you would able to be with Lucas.
    Oh thanks for the infor :) Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have the check out your preschool for Isaac. I've heard so many good things about it. And I love that the pumpkin patch comes to them. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! I was wondering if you wouldn't mind giving me a more detailed idea of what your rewards/chore chart system is. My e-mail is rbwurtz@yahoo.com

    Cute pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lucas-oh thats great!!

    so what in the world you're going to australia?!?!? how fun!! you two seriously are all over the world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun little pumpkin patch.. that is cute they bring them to the kids..love the pictures.. my Madison hates to touch the inside of the pumpkin too!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!